Hi! I’m Jenelle. I am a wife, mother, and artist.
I use photography as a way to document history. Our family history. I have a shelf stacked full with photo albums. They are filled with snapshots and portraits. They tell the stories of our everyday and of our big moments. (Yes, I even print out iPhone pictures!) I dream of the day I can sit on the floor with my grand kids and show them the story of their parents. I believe every photo is important, no matter who takes it or what camera is used. Photos are powerful gateways into our memories.
My first and most important job is to be the best wife and mother I can. My primary focus is getting the boy to school and spending quality time with the girl. I strive to be present, as much as I can. Time moves fast and waits for no one! So I’m here to be a part of it. To create that solid foundation for my kids. To implant my tidbits of knowledge and life lessons into the roots of my children. And of course my marriage is what holds our family together. I try to never lose sight of my husband’s and mine relationship and just how important it is to our children. I’m also a wine drinker and a book lover. I am a nomad at heart and am always planning the next vacation.
Things you need to know about me:
- I’m hilarious.
- Sometimes I don’t know when to stop talking. Then it gets awkward. Just roll with it.
- I am 39 years old. I have discovered the meaning of true love. I am invested in meaningful friendships. I am raising two humans who are kind, respectful and smart. I have had a successful career as an officer in the United States Army. I have led troops in combat. I have two Bachelors and a Masters degree. I have mastered the art of making meatloaf. And yet I still have no idea what I’m doing. Life is hard!
- I love both traveling and being at home.
- Most of my moments are defined by what I ate.
- I love photography. I think about it all the time. I am constantly trying to be better. In photography I understand myself. I know myself. I feel free and in control. It is part of my big picture. (No pun intended. See? I’m funny!)
- For the first time I am completing a 365 Photography Project. That’s right… one photo a day for an entire year! I’m all caught up and you can see my monthly grids in my portfolio. I do give myself a lot of leeway. I can use a cell phone if I want. Sometimes the days don’t match up and that’s ok! It’s about the journey. And I make the rules.